Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Yu Dao Expectant Company
TagsKatara - possibly Lian later
Thread DateApril 15th

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
RE: Expectant Company
Toph scowled as Katara said she was being a jerk. She didn't want to be talked into this - she wasn't a girl. She was... but... she wasn't soft or delicate or wimpy. Getting in the dress had been a pretty big compromise - but then giving up her daily wrestling and combat practice had been an even BIGGER compromise. She was pregnant. She was clumsy. She had an irritable stomach and a bad back because she was so tiny but so big at the same time.

Looking straight at where Katara was standing, Toph listened as the older woman stepped closer and said that she didn't HAVE to play along. That made Toph feel guilty... Katara meant well. She really did... she also wanted a sister or a daughter but didn't have one. Even when they were kids Toph had always been the one Katara went after. She wanted them to be as close as sisters and - for the most part - they were... but they were also different.

Tastes. Dreams. Desires... there was a lot about them that was different. But there was a lot about them that was the same. Katara wanted to know what it was like to be a mom - Toph knew that. She went out of her way to treat Toph like she was special - like they were related in some way - and Toph suspected it was because Katara thought it was as close as she was going to get to having a kid of her own. Exhaling, Toph held out her hand, "Help me up,"

Grunting as Katara helped her back to her feet, Toph kept hold of Katara's hand and led her back to the bed, "I'm a jerk. Do what you want with my face. After that I want food," Toph wasn't mad at Katara - she was mad at herself. Her very identity (namely her strength. Speed. Grace. Agility and combat skills) felt like it was being questioned. Right now she was about as 'womanly' as she had ever been. She was doing something that was VERY much part of what being a woman was. She was delicate. She tired easily and was always uncomfortable. She felt like a child again... before the moles had found her... and she was taking it out on Katara.

Sitting perfectly still as Katara got started. Toph grabbed Katara's hand just as she moved to get to work and said, "I'm sorry. I keep... saying that... and not meaning it. Laughing it off and stuff... but I think I mean it this time... I am sorry," stretching what limited senses she had out to 'touch' Katara's imprint in her vision, Toph smiled at her old friend earnestly one last time before quickly re-wrapping herself in her cynical smart-ass attitude, "Now hurry up. I'm hungry - there's stuff in the kitchen. Cook that,"
Laws change depending on who's making them
But Justice is Justice
12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
As Katara stood there, she'd raise an eye as she'd hear Toph speak out and request that she help her up. "Huh?" Though Katara didn't second guess her and instead reached out and helped the younger female up, walking with her until they met her bed. With that she'd help Toph sit and make sure she was comfortable, before hearing those words and while the little earthbender spoke out - Katara smiled and felt heartwarmed by those very words, how she touched her heart with such words, even now she'd joke about it.

"Wow, Toph. I never would have thought you'd sound so... serious. But hey... listen, it's okay. And don't worry I won't make you look bad okay, just enough to bring out those pretty earthen features."

Katara chuckled lightly and even when she felt Toph reach out, examining her in such a way she'd sigh gently keeping that smile displayed upon her face and began affixing the makeup upon her friends face. Using slight blush to give those pale cheeks a gentle warmth, some shadow upon her eyes to give that sultry and seductive look, she was sure Moochee would love that - even a gentle shade of pink upon her lips to bring out that puffyness.

"You look so pretty Toph, almost done. Then i'll cook something up for you. Thanks for letting me do this, it means alot Toph.~" Katara would say in that soft-spoken, yet concerning way.
[Image: upcb.png]
12-01-2014, 08:52 AM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
"It's stupid," Toph said flatly - moving her mouth as little as possible so Katara could work, "I can't see what I look like. You tell me I'm pretty. Moochee shows me I'm pretty and Lian and Penga fight over ways to make me more pretty... it's stupid. I can't even appreciate whatever it is you guys are so crazy about," her voice remained flat - but there was an almost bitter yearning in her voice at the same time. As if a tiny part of her that she could USUALLY ignore (thank you pregnancy hormones) was making as much trouble as possible, "So it IS stupid..."

Slowly - so as not to interrupt her friend - Toph poked Katara in the shoulder, "But it's important to you. It's your stupid thing and Lian's stupid thing and Penga's stupid thing... you guys care about it. You care about me. And you're my friends... so... I guess I can play," Toph remained silent as Katara finished her work. The lecture about Toph being a jerk seemed to have grounded Toph somewhat. She wasn't fighting or resisting as she had earlier. Katara's words seemed to have reached her, " I like my hair - it feels lighter," she said lamely - as if trying to compliment Katara's work in the only way she could.

Her head coming up when Katara thanked her. Toph stared at her for almost a full minute before asking, "Why?" there was honest curiosity in the young woman's voice, "Not bein smart... just... why? Why does it matter? My fists are for punchin. My legs are for runnin and kickin... what's it matter what my face looks like? I called it stupid but... but it IS important to you - it's important to Lian and Penga... like my wedding. You guys cared so much about that. You put so much work into all of it - from the dress to the feast after. Now this... why?" Toph's usual flat-tone was (as always) flat and sharp... but there was none of her usual biting sarcasm or smart-ass attitude. Simply a genuine curiosity... and enough hormones to make her just (barely) vulnerable enough to ask these questions without turning it all into a joke.
But Justice is Justice
12-02-2014, 07:59 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
Katara had just about now finished applying the makeup to Toph's face and when she leaned back, standing upright once more - placing the makeup away and off to the side so that it wouldn't be in the way, the brunette quirked a brow toward Toph's question. The earthbender was asking her why and there was none of that snarky or quick-witted attitude spilling from between her lips and she'd respond with a simple.

"Oh."

The waterbender was simply stumped for an honest answer, really she just wanted to be girly and enjoy some girly time with her best friend but she did have another reason as too why she was doing this and thus explained to the pregnant mother-to-be.

"Well... it's mainly because I care about you so much. I wanted you to look as pretty as possible and to show everyone who looks at you, that you, Toph Beifong, are the cutest and prettiest little thing ever. Plus, doing this... well... it lets us bond more together as girls and when we travelled together you often got along better with Sokka and Aang, which was fine... but I often felt like I was the odd one out and that I was the one that was constantly mothering everyone and not trying to have fun, so, yeah..."

Katara finished, gently rubbing her arm as she'd gaze off the side as if thinking about her own spoken words.
12-03-2014, 10:34 AM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Her face following Katara's movements (picking up the sound of her voice as she moved though she couldn't actually 'see' the older woman) Toph looked like a child trying to wrap their minds around something that was outside their scope. Blinking her eyes confusedly, Toph absent-mindedly began to rub her belly (as if that would help her mind grasp what Katara was saying a bit more easily) and tilted her head to one side. Being 'pretty' and 'cute' was something she'd only ever done once and - again - that had been with Katara... it hadn't ended all that well. Those rich girls picking on them and everything that had happened afterwards - Toph had really understood at the time WHY the dress-up and stuff had been so important... and it was just as hard for her to grasp it now.

"Why can't we just bond with fightin or something? Or arm wrestling? Why... dresses and stuff? Why do girls gotta do 'special' stuff like that? Everyone makes fun of 'em for it - men don't even understand it... I can't see what you do - I can't really appreciate it. Moochee might like it - but even if he didn't he'd probably try to make me think he did... you've done all this stuff and- and- and... well... I'm 'sposed to be grateful but I don't... really know how," listening to Katara explain how she always felt like the odd one out - like she never really got to have 'friends' because she was so busy being the 'mom' that Toph teased her about being.

That seemed to get Toph to stop stewing over what she couldn't understand - and become much more focused on Katara. Staring up at the older woman, Toph's face remained impassive - but her belly-rubbing stopped as if all of her attention was on Katara. For the past seven months Toph had become more and more clumsy - and more and more... well... slow (there wasn't really any nice way to say it) but all of a sudden part of her original 'quickness' seemed to come back to her as her hand shot out and she grabbed Katara's arm. Tugging her old friend back down onto the bed next to her; Toph wrapped Katara in the tightest hug she could manage.

Toph was loud - she was bossy and boisterous... but she never really SAID what she was feeling. Even when she apologized, most of the time it was just get people to feel sorry for her so they'd leave her alone. Normally - if she communicated - it was through a punch or an action... but Katara didn't like that. So Toph was doing something she NEVER did for anyone else... she was holding her friend as tightly as she could - almost like she was hoping Katara would realize how important her 'mom' was to Toph. The baby seemed very surprised at the sudden movement - Toph baby bump was (more or less) squeezed between them and Toph knew Katara could feel the baby kicking; but she wouldn't let Katara go.

Holding the embrace for almost two minutes, Toph finally slackened her grip and let her hands slide down Katara's arms - but she didn't let go of Katara completely. Sniffling, her cheeks now quite a bit pinker and her eyes a bit puffy as if she were struggling not to start crying, Toph said, "I... you... I..." clearing her throat, Toph looked away and wiped at her nose, "I think it'd be fine if you stayed 'til the baby was born... if you want,"
But Justice is Justice
12-20-2014, 10:30 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
As the waterbender yabbered on and on about the obvious, it was clear that Toph was bored or seemed to be failing of understanding regarding the importance of Katara's words. The brunette stopped and placed her arms upon her sides, before finally letting them fall loose and back down against her very sides. Katara sighed gently, eyes gazing toward the side - unfocused on Toph as she was indeed taking in the earthbenders words and she did feel alittle down about what she said; All Katara wanted was another girl to enjoy... girly things with, but now she was thinking that it was time to maybe change things, especially with Toph.

The young watertribes girl had raised pretty much everyone on her own when she was back in the watertribe village, with her brother, all before they met Aang for the first time. Dealing with all that work, that stress and having so much responsibility was tough and she knew it, but it needed to be done. However, she clearly knew that Toph wasn't into these things and thought now, that maybe, it was the wrong thing to do - trying to change Toph.

It was then, upon realizing this - she was hugged tightly by the younger female. Feeling that bubble-belly pressing right against her, full of life, full of hope and the to-be offspring of her troublesome, best friend. Katara gazed down at her and blinked, smiling in that 'motherly' way as she'd hear what Toph had to say. Even when the hug slacked, she'd still appreciate the kind, loving gesture that Toph had displayed and as they both remained locked in place, it was now that Katara would respond.

"Yeah, I understand Toph. Firstly; Yes I would love to stay, remain with you until the baby is born - I wouldn't have it any other way. Secondly; maybe when you're more available in the future, we can... train together. I've gotten alittle rusty and... wouldn't mind someone challenging to bring back that edge I need, eheh." Katara laughed slightly. Here she was, offering Toph a possible chance to spar, practice together when she was over her birthing and more available to fight.
12-22-2014, 01:25 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Staring up at Katara (only being moderately annoyed how much shorter she was - even when they were sitting next to each other) Toph shrugged and said, "That's good - I dunno if... Moochee or Penga or um... the others can handle this - I mean I've still got a bit to go. I'm gonna get bigger and... and when it's time... yeah, you delivered babies before - they'd probably freak out or worry they don't know what their doing," smiling weakly, Toph cleared her throat but didn't let go of Katara - though part of her usually big-mouth bravado was starting to come back.

As evident by blaming others for her own fears...

Listening to Katara's suggestion, Toph snorted, "What? You think I couldn't take you now? If we got in a fight I'd sit on you - or break wind again," shifting where she was sitting, Toph made a face - sitting without support for too long was uncomfortable for her back but she didn't want to let Katara go. She wanted her friend to feel like she was... part of this. Whatever it was Toph was doing anyway, "Though if you think you've gotten soft I could whip ya into shape... but it's not just me though - you said earlier that you enjoy girl stuff and... and I enjoy fighting so..."

Scratching the back of her head as she finally let Katara go, Toph sighed - her makeup was (more or less) in shape. Her eyes were a bit puffy from how she'd been trying not to cry but she hadn't smeared anything - it was probably amusing seeing her try to be so careful for something she didn't really enjoy doing, "If you can fight with me then... then maybe after we fight and you make me get cleaned up - which you will because you like to fuss - maybe we can play dress up and girl... stuff. I'm not good at it but... but if you can learn to fight I guess I should learn to girl... and maybe learn to mom too," making a face she shifted again on the bed, "Not sure if my butt or my back hurts more... we need to find someplace else to sit - and I'm hungry,"
But Justice is Justice
12-25-2014, 08:25 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
As both girls sat there, Katara was still embraced within that hug and how she listened to Toph's words. It was true however; Katara was more used to being a girly-girl than Toph and it worked vice-versa too. Toph had more experience playing the fighter and being one of the 'guys' while Katara was too busy being mom. Regardless however, when the hug was released the long haired watertribes girl would lean back and tilt her head, listening to what Toph said.

Katara was pleased to have heard Toph say the things she did, frankly she was happy though she was worried when Toph spoke about fighting the waterbender would get worried and laugh slightly, holding her hands up. "Woah, woah... I don't mean it. No-Not right now anyway, let's just get you... unpregnant first and then we can work on our postures and fighting positions." She'd finish.

Upon hearing Toph's request, she'd stand and give her alittle hand before moving ahead toward the kitchen area - now she was going to prepare something to eat. "What do you want too eat?" Katara merely asked.
12-26-2014, 04:41 PM
.find. .quote.