Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Yu Dao Expectant Company
TagsKatara - possibly Lian later
Thread DateApril 15th

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Expectant Company
"Damn it!"

Muttering to herself as she dropped her water flask, Toph groaned and slowly started the process of lowering herself to the floor. With her powers, Toph NORMALLY would have created a shelf or a table to bring the flask up to her level - but she was seven months pregnant (or thereabouts) and her feet were swollen almost twice their normal size. Because of Toph's lack of 'normal' vision - she 'saw' the world around her through her feet. Picking up vibrations and pulses in the dirt around her. However, they'd gotten to the point where she was virtually blind. Too swollen to even send basic signals. As a result, Toph had been forced - more and more lately - to rely on her hands to see.

Sadly, her hands weren't as attuned to vibrations as her feet. Unless she was pressing against a surface with one of her hands (sometimes even both) everything looked all jumpy and blurry. Her hair was pretty good about picking up vibrations - she'd settled for keeping it mid-waist length - but had to be touching whatever Toph wanted to see. So it was even more short-ranged than her hands. Pressing her hands against the dirt, Toph winced as the baby kicked, "You ain't dying in there - hush now, mommy needs to find her water..." it was mid-april in Yu Dao. Summer began as soon as possible and while it wasn't as scorching as it would get in the later months, it was still very warm and an expectant mother needed to keep hydrated.

As Lian and Penga (I.E the psycho baby-sitters that Moochee kept sicking on Toph) were all to happy to remind Toph.

Finally getting a reading on the flask, Toph grabbed it... and promptly realized she couldn't get back up! The baby was a boy - and it was a low-riding baby at that. Toph's back, most of the time, behaved but - as she'd gotten bigger, it kept going on strike every now and again. Cursing her own body, Toph crawled over to the far wall and started pressing her back against it - trying to slowly force herself back into a standing position. Glancing at the door as she heard a knock, Toph went still (half-squatting as she listened for a sound of Penga jabbering or Lian humming) until she heard a familiar voice.

Katara.

Her eyes widening in surprise - as it had been almost two months since she'd last seen her best friend/wannabee mom, Toph looked down at herself and cursed again. Rubbing her belly, she whispered, "Pretend I didn't say that," and started working herself up into a full standing position. The building Toph was hiding in was the old shed behind the jail. Toph wasn't allowed in the jail (last time she'd tried to go in Penga and Ho'Tun had caught her and carried her out) so - being Toph - she was keeping tabs on everyone from the next nearest point. She'd snuck into the shed about dawn - but as the day had gone on her feet had started swelling up... and now they were so big she was having to rely on her hands and here was Katara...

Oh this would NOT end well... just what she needed on top of aching boobs, swollen feet and weird hormones. A lecture on lady-like behavior and taking care of herself AND her baby. Katara was going to freak...

Wincing when she heard Katara again, Toph began to check her clothes. She very rarely wore skirts - they just weren't as comfortable in Toph's opinion - so she was still trying to wear pants. Her current pair ALMOST fit - it stretched far enough around her mid-section... but it didn't reach the baggy shirt she was wearing. So it was like the shirt and the pants parted at the fullest point of her abdomen and her belly-button was peaking out at everyone. Katara would NOT like this outfit - after she got over the baby squealing. Running her hands over harms, Toph realized she was ALSO dirty - the shed had a sand floor and it was hot. "Is there ANYTHING that isn't going to bug her?!" Toph whispered to herself before FINALLY getting back on her feet.

Wishing she'd known Katara was going to visit today, Toph opened the door to the shed but only poked her head out, "Hi Katara," Toph said nervously, "Now look -ah! No!" she said firmly, "You just stand back and listen,"

Keeping everything but her head and neck hidden behind the door, Toph said, "Now you've been gone for almost two months - I was big when you left. But I got bigger. Okay? So DON'T freak out - got it? I'm fat - huge, even. But you're crazy so you'll think I'm cute - so DON'T freak out!" waiting a few seconds, Toph opened the door the rest of the way and stepped out. Sighing at the reaction she got as soon as she showed Katara the effects 'motherhood' had taken on her body, Toph said, "Oh great job not freaking out! NO!" Yelping as she knew what came next, Top shouted, "No hugging! I'm against hugging! KATARA! Who told you I was out here anyway? Was it Penga or Lian? How'd they know I was out here? It was DARK when I snuck out here!"[
Laws change depending on who's making them
But Justice is Justice
09-19-2014, 02:50 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
RE: Expectant Company
As the waterbender had came for another visit having been given the time, the brunette had made her way toward the shed that Toph had been apparently hiding within. She got a tip-off and knew where exactly to find her, though she promised not to reveal any help given to her, as to Toph's whereabouts.

Regardless however the water-tribes girl gently knocked upon the door and waited for a reply, even an answer; Katara knew that Toph wasn't going to play ball exactly and she'd have some sort of protest or witty remarks to say before they'd finally come face-to-face. "Hi Toph. It's me, Katara." She would say, waiting still at that door.

Afew moments had passed and she heard nothing, quirking a single brow and tilting her head to the side slightly, she'd ponder what was happening; Why didn't Toph just open the door, but she could hear murmuring and sighed gently before speaking again. "It's just me. Are you stuck? Did you fall over and can't get up?" The waterbender teased, sneering alittle as she wanted to tease the Earthbender and yet when the door opened, she'd see Toph sticking her head and neck out talking to her in this position.

"Huh? Well, that's why I came to visit silly. I wanted to see how you were doing, you've got to take care of yourself y'know. It's important for you and baby." How typical of the motherly Katara.

Yet when Toph pulled the door fully open, she'd slowly let her eyes widen as the beautiful, pregnant earthbender came into full view. Katara panted alittle, so excited that she nearly went into a girly fit. Moving forward she'd squeeze her best-friend, hugging her so much; That was, until Toph pushed her back alittle and stated that she didn't do hugging.Oh! Toph!!! You're so big... I mean... REALLY big!" Katara squealed.

Standing back she'd immediately drop onto her knees, placing a hand against Toph's soft, round tummy and squeezed gently before placing her ear, the side of her head against that earthbenders skin. Huh, oh... i'm not allowed to disclose that information..." She mumbled, regarding who had told her about Toph's location. Right now the waterbender was too occupied with her pregnant friend, listening for the baby's kicks, feeling them at that particular moment.

"This is so wonderful! You're so lucky... I can't wait until I can finally obtain a baby for my own.~" Katara giggled, roaming her palm around Toph's belly as she snorted playfully and felt a single kick. Aaaaahaaa!! The baby kicked! Oh, hello in there little cutie... i'm your Auntie Katara and when you're born, you are going to be the cutest little baby ever, yes you are.~! Katara indeed getting alittle carried away.
[Image: upcb.png]
09-20-2014, 09:45 AM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Scowling at Katara, as the water bender pointed out how big she was, Toph said, "Ya know, if I had body issues you wouldn't be making them any better," rolling her eyes as Katara couldn't decide whether she wanted to touch Toph's belly or listen to it more - though part of Toph's in-built hostility faded as the baby kicked and her maternal hormones started to kick in, "OBTAIN a baby?" giggling, Toph said, "Hey, if you want this one I'm sure we can find a way - YOU can be pregnant for the next two months... I want to be able to see my feet again,"

Trying to be annoyed at Katara was difficult when you were as full of hormones as Toph was - plus she was kind of enjoying the attention and Katara rubbing her belly felt kind of good. As dirty as Toph tended to get - especially when she could barely see - it always seemed to surprise people that her skin was almost china-white. Even now it was a little odd - her arms, face and most of her visible skin was covered in dirt and dust from her hiding in the shed - but her tummy was the usual pale white her skin usually tended to be - and it looked kind of funny poking out of her shirt. Especially with Katara pressing her face and hands against it, "You're such a goof," Toph said as Katara kept probing for baby contact, "Only you could get all giggly over an over sized peanut floating inside my guts," grinning at Katara, Toph tried to tug her shirt down - but between Katara's continuing search for baby-kicks (and the fact the shirt was too small) Toph was unable to even get the shirt half-way down her mid-section, "So since YOU'RE here... I don't suppose I could go in the jail?"

Rolling her eyes at the reaction that particular request got, Toph said, "Oh come ON Katara! Moochee and the others are bigger goofs than you! I was just out here trying to keep an eye on them - if they got into trouble... look I wasn't going to go fight anybody or anything - I was just gonna... help... if they needed it," trying to tug her shirt down again - and failing epically - Toph sighed and said, "They all squealed on me didn't they? They told you I was out here so you'd take me home!" sulking like a baby, Toph turned away and said, "I can take care of myself - I don't see why-"

And that was when her foot found the old tree root sticking up right next to her - the fact that Toph didn't see it was... suggestive, to say the least.

"Ack!" Toph shouted as she started to tip over - only to be grabbed by a certain water-bender at the last minute. Panting in surprise as Katara helped her regain her balance, Toph swallowed and said, "Okay... maybe I need a little help... but there aren't tree-roots in the jail - and I should be able to-" sighing, Toph said, "Ya know you can let go of me now! I'm fine!" Toph had to make sure Katara didn't figure out she could barely see - she also had to make sure Katara didn't notice her feet. If she saw they were almost twice their normal size she might figure it out herself. And if she figured out that Toph had been hiding in the shed - trying to watch the jail when she could barely see... it was bad enough having Lian and Penga following her around and worrying over her - Katara was WAY less subtle, she wouldn't just worry - she'd throw a fit and Toph would have to listen to it, "Katara? Lemme go!" the tubby Earthbender said as she wriggled in Katara's grip, "I'm not gonna fall again - LEGGO!"
But Justice is Justice
09-20-2014, 04:55 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
The waterbender was having fun just fawning over the pregnant earthbender and how lucky she was to finally have a child growing within her and within the next few months she'd be able to actually hold the child for herself, it was so exciting. However when the tubby earthbender had nearly tipped over the tree root sticking up she'd grab her quickly, a firm hand holding upon Toph and literally refusing to let go.

"Woah, careful now Toph. You don't wanna fall when you're in this state. Sheeesh... why didn't you see that tree root? Are you sure you're okay? Having a baby isn't something to be taken lightly y'know. You need to take extra special care and always eat and drink correctly, you should be lucky the others are willing to watch over you so willingly." Katara stated.

Though when the waterbender gazed down, inspecting along Toph's body she'd squint her eyes at Toph's feet, taking in their increased size. "Toph! My goodness your feet! They're huge! No wonder you're bumping into just about everything, I bet you can hardly see; And don't you dare tell me that you can."

Katara sighed deeply and released Toph just for the moment, placing both upon her hips as she'd mumble alittle, before speaking out toward the earthbender yet again. "Listen... I want you to sit down and do-not move. I'm going to fetch afew things and help clean you up alittle, we can do it here in privacy. When i'm going to get these things, i'll check up on the jail for you okay? How does that sound?" She'd wait for an answer, her voice expressing concern.
09-21-2014, 11:13 AM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
"What tree-root? I just got a little dizzy that's all! Don't be so fussy and start making stuff up - I'm fine," this wasn't exactly the best possible defense on Toph's part - telling Katara that something wasn't there when Katara could SEE very thing that Toph had tripped over was probably the worst plan she could come up with.

Of course TOPH herself couldn't see what she'd tripped over - and since she couldn't figure out what she'd tripped over, maybe it was best to go with lying.

"I am drinking correctly! I've been on my own for two months without you Katara - every time you visited up until I was at my fifth month you worried over me and I was fine wasn't I? Look!" holding up her water flask, Toph handed it to Katara, "I've got plenty of water - and I ate before I came out here" the minute those words were out of her mouth Toph immediately wished she'd phrased that a bit better - because she'd already TOLD Katara that she had been out here since dawn - and that it was almost mid-afternoon. Meaning she'd had nothing but water for hours.

"My feet? What's wrong with my-" wincing at the response that got - and Katara fussing at her - Toph said, "I CAN see!" Katara definitely had a gift- Toph couldn't even SEE her feet but she knew Katara was glaring at her, "Katara I CAN see... just... well... everything's all jumpy and blurry and... look if I TOUCH something with my hands or hair I'm fine - okay? I CAN see!" listening as Katara started giving her orders, Toph said, "Katara if I sat down I won't be able to get back up and-" wincing at the reaction that would get, Toph quickly tried to correct herself, "Look my back's been bothering me a little lately - the baby is riding low and I'm short and fat, okay? If you- Katara! Listen - no! Seriously, just listen,"

Taking Katara's hand, Toph said, "Look, okay, you want to play tea party with me - fine - but could we go to my place? My house is underground - Moochee built it. It's under the ruins of my old academy. It's big, it's cool and - most importantly - Penga and Lian aren't there. If you keep me out here they're gonna get curious - and if you go in the jail they're gonna come out WITH you! I've had just about enough of being worried over to last a life time, I wanted to keep an eye on them without them seeing me - that's why I was in the shed," sighing tiredly, Toph said, "Clean me up? Why would you- Katara I'm FINE! I don't- alright alright ALRIGHT!" she said in a frustrated tone, "Alright, fine, if you take me back to my place I'll even let you clean and braid my hair - see? This hair - I'll let you do whatever you want with it... just NOT in the shed. You playing mom is bad enough - I don't need Penga and Lian getting in on it a the same time,"
But Justice is Justice
09-21-2014, 04:15 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
Katara listened to the words of Toph, taking in all the earthbender had to say. Yet when Toph was finished, she'd quirk a brow and then smile. "Alright, fine. We'll do things your way. C'mon, we'll go back to your house - but once we arrive i'm getting started on cleaning you up. Not to mention, cooking you something to eat. It's really important that you keep up your strength, afterall, you're eating for two now.

The waterbender really loved caring for her friends, it was something that made her the most happy. It was even better when her friends were the happiest, because then she was the happiest and everyone was well. But now, she had this little troublemaker who was neglecting her duties of being a pregnant mother and Katara could do nothing but worry.

I was also thinking... since I got here and you've been having afew problems, perhaps I should stay with you... y'know... until the pregnancy is over and you finally give birth.~" Katara would sneer, knowing this would make Toph go crazy, but before she could she'd change the subject. "...Have you thought up any names, for when the child is born?"
09-21-2014, 05:32 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Toph realized she'd bit off more than she could chew the minute Katara agreed to her request - she could 'see' but it wasn't the kind of see that most people would be able to walk with. Her vision was jumpy and blurry (as she was having to 'feed' vibrations up from her swollen feet and into her hands) and nothing looked right or was at the right distance... so she was (more or less) completely reliant on Katara to lead her, "It's just about half a mile past the jail - on the outskirts of town. You can't miss the ruined academy, and my house is buried under it," Toph sighed (stumbling a bit as she wasn't used to being so helpless) but managed - more or less - to keep up with Katara, "Don't worry, I can handle half a mile walk - my feet weren't this big when I got out here but I can still walk,"

Rolling her eyes at Katara's request, Toph said, "Yeah yeah - I promised you could do whatever you wanted with me, didn't I? You don't have to keep bringing it up. I promise to cooperate with whatever girly fun you come up with," her stomach growling at the mention of food, Toph made a face and said, "What is your problem?" she said with a glare at her tummy where it was poking out from under her shirt, "You wanna get me in trouble? Hush!"

Her head popping around at Katara's suggestion of staying with her, Toph said, "I don't-" but before she could finish, Katara had already switched gears, "Names? No real problem there - Moochee's useless at it. Been spending nights hunched over his desk - you'll see it when we go in - scribbling name suggestions and bringing them to me," waving her hand in front of her face as they walked down the long dirt road out of town, Toph said, "Only something as important as 'the perfect name' would let him forget I can't read," smiling at the memory, Toph said, "We got the word it was a boy - or at least that's what the doctor says. She's an earth bender - uses her powers to 'trace' the outline of the baby. Said he had 'boy parts' so, it's a boy - which is probably why I'm riding him so low... that and how short I am,"

Supporting her back with one hand while she waddled alongside Katara, Toph kept her other hand twined around Katara's arm to keep from stumbling, "I'm thinking a J name - Jok, Jitz, Jan... something like that. Something short - Moochee want's it short," shrugging again, Toph shook her head, "But I dunno what you mean about problems - yeah, my feet are fatter than my head. And my back gets locked up when I'm not careful... my milk came in just a few days after you left - so my front hurts ALL THE TIME now. I've been okay this far," Toph smirked at Katara, "But you just GOTTA worry about me, huh? Feel like I might forget you if I don't need ya or somethin?"
But Justice is Justice
09-22-2014, 12:30 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
The waterbender would continue walking along that road, comfortable and enjoying her time with the cute pregnant earthbender. Listening to the smaller girls words, she'd chuckle alittle hearing Toph's words and would respond saying "Hehe, yeah. I would be pretty sad if you forgot me Toph." Katara teased.

Yet when she heard they were about half a mile from Toph's home, she'd make sure to hold the earthbender close, but giving her space - making sure she'd not trip or even hurt herself, helping, as a friend would. Though when Toph previously talked about the names that she were considering for their child, having heard that it could be a boy - she'd giggle and nudge Toph gently, teasing her before saying "You want your son named something with the letter J, huh? Well how about Jokka?" Grinning to herself, knowing Toph had that obvious crush on Sokka during their earlier travels.
09-22-2014, 03:35 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Making a face at Katara's mention of her brother, Toph said, "You just won't let me forget I was all gooey about your goofy brother will you? Is it 'cause we were almost REAL sisters instead of this weird mom-and-daughter thing you like to do?" nudging Katara back, Toph said, "We could always name him Jatara - or Jang!" by now laughing, Toph shook her head and in an absent-minded said, "Or maybe Jet? Huh?"

Her face immediately going pale (despite the level of dirt on it) Toph stopped mid-step and said, "Damn, I'm sorry - I didn't... I meant to tease you - not... I coulda worded it better," giving Katara's arm an apologetic squeeze, Toph whispered, "Shoulda just brought Juko up or something... I'm really- OW!!" almost hopping a full foot in the air, Toph half-limped half-waddled over to the nearest tree and leaned up against it, "Ow! Ow! Ow! OW!!!"

Supporting her backside as she leaned up against the tree, Toph said, "It's nothing! Just - just gimme a minute! OW!" wincing in pain, Toph said, "It happens, Katara - it's nothing! No really it IS nothing!" growling against the pain, Toph lost her temper and shouted, "I HAVE A GIGANTIC CRAMP IN MY BUTT!!!"

Her face going almost as red as a bowl of fire flakes, Toph sighed and gave her backside a shake, "It happens when I'm on my feet too much - or when I fall asleep at a weird angle. The baby has a big head and it's poking something inside me. I was on my feet inside the shed for hours trying to watch the jail - my butt is just... objecting, okay? Really - nothing's broken or busted... I just... got a bruised butt,"

Letting Katara support her again, Toph snickered to herself as she half-waddled and half-limped alongside her friend (her butt still giving her hell for straining her legs so much) and said, "My powers are all weird - but I could tell, you freaked the HELL out!" by now laughing, Toph nudged Katara again, "Ha! All over a butt-cramp! Worry wart..." exhaling, Toph scowled, "Good thing it's not much farther,"

As she said that the ruins of the academy started to come into view - the old tumble-down wood and stone structure showed the signs of the huge fire and explosions that had been there almost seven years ago. Soil had been disturbed and relocated as bodies and personal belongings had been removed from the rubble. As they approached, Toph looked almost sad - even though she couldn't see what the ruins looked like, she could 'feel' what had happened there. It had been why Moochee had built their house under the ruins - she wouldn't leave. Ever.

"It's not as bad as it looks..." as they cleared one of the corners, Toph said, "And Lian and Penga keep getting Ho-Ton to help them clear some of it away - they want to make a garden or something," shrugging, Toph said, "Girls,"
But Justice is Justice
09-23-2014, 01:52 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Bender
Water
Eva
Of course they were used to teasing each other, though, when Toph brought up some older memories she'd wince her face up in that usual unapproved manner, that clearly if Toph could have seen she'd know Katara wasn't impressed by her choice of words. Though it was fine, as the waterbender didn't seem to mind - given Toph's current situation.

"Hey, hey... it's fine, don't worry about it. All that matters is you being okay, okay? I mean, you need to be carefu-TOPH!" Katara literally freaked out when the smaller female bounced into that suit of pain, yelling out and talking about her butt which caused the waterbender to blush alittle, slightly unsure of how she was going to deal with that problem, that the earthbender had.

When Toph managed to calm down alittle, she'd go over and keep an eye on her. Giving her a helping arm, something to lean against as they both continued their way toward the Academy. Katara smiled and chuckled alittle trying to carry on the conversation. "Hehe, Juko was pretty good... and hey, you should be feel good that you've a huge butt, I mean... there are some benefits to being pregnant." Giving her best friend and sister a playful squeeze.
09-30-2014, 05:43 AM
.find. .quote.