Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

From the same cloth
TagsAang
Thread DateAugust 3rd, Very early in the morning

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
The Harvest Lights Festival
RE: From the same cloth
Azula could see where he was coming from. She could see how her reasons were completely impractical for reasons of proving she wasn't up to something suspicious. When the Avatar wasn't continuing to find ways to use what she said to anger him, she could feel herself relaxing a bit. Dealing with her own emotions was difficult enough. Trying to cope with that of someone else was something else entirely. Things seemed less tense in there.

"It's a matter that I look at on two levels. There is where I must deal with Zuko the Fire Lord...which I can. I do still leave records that I was even here. One hiding something does not go so far. There is a confidential sign in sheet that I make use of. He is welcome to question me on the matter and I will answer him as openly as I am answering you now. If he asks.

"But approaching him outside of it being a decree would be approaching Zuko my brother. And while I will obey my Fire Lord, this is far too delicate of a matter to trust with my brother. The fact of the matter is, I don't trust my brother Zuko. And he knows that. You obviously trust him and that's between the two of you. I hope that has gone better for you than it went for me."
[Image: 28qpzev.jpg]
Art in signature by Kelly1412 Used with permission.

I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you.
I've told a million lies but now I'll tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do.
Remember when I told you that's the last you'd see of me?
Remember when I broke you down to tears?
I know I took the path that you would never want for me.
I gave you through hell through all these years.
But now I bet my life on you.

11-14-2014, 06:15 AM
.find. .quote.

Air Nomad
Bender
All
Ephrum
"In what way has it gone so badly for you?" Aang asked, shoving aside his first impulse to directly assert that she was wrong. He had long since learned that if someone believed there was a problem, there was a problem. Sometimes said person's belief that a problem existed was in fact the only problem there was, but it was there nonetheless. It could be neither belittled or ignored; such action would result in the additional issue of the sufferer (genuine or not) coming to despise and mistrust the one who belittled her suffering. Azula already did not trust Aang, but he could at least make sure that lack of trust did not grow more extreme.

Calmed at last, he seated himself again and finally opened his eyes to the flickering light from the nearby torches. "Please explain it to me," he added to ensure that the sincerity of his question came across. It was hard to see what misfortune she was referring to from his perspective; for someone who had been instrumental in the near-annihilation of an entire nation, the princess had it pretty good. He imagined that it might be just one more of those things she was secretive about. She'd never been much for sharing.

For now, though, Aang was on her side, and she'd have to give him something he could believe in if she had any desire whatsoever to see him stay there.
12-03-2014, 03:13 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula raised an eyebrow in irritation at his first question. She didn't see the sincerity of the question at first. It took her a few seconds and his next sentence to push back the annoyance. So he wasn't trying to make a point. She wasn't entirely sure how much she should tell him about this. Any time she tried to talk to Zuko about this it turned in to something else. She had all but given up completely on that front.

"I guess it started the day I killed you." She started trying to figure out how to word this. It wasn't something she had a lot of opportunity to put all of this in to words. She was still trying to figure out the language of it all. "For you it was the day the Avatar Cycle was almost ended and of course your death. An end for you was a beginning for me. It meant Zuko could come home and that I could have my family back.

"You see, had I wanted it the throne was mine. After eliminating you, I would have made short work of Zuko. It would have been tragic that Zuko was killed by the Avatar but I managed to avenge his death. I thought about it of course. But I would much rather have Zuko back at the time. The palace was just too...quiet without him. Just father, myself, and silence. It gets loud, you see.

"I didn't know if Father would accept him so I decided to give Zuko the credit for killing you. Otherwise it would have been a matter myself coming in and doing what Zuko was incapable of. That wasn't going to keep him around, now was it? I mean it did have the added benefit of someone else taking the fall but I was pretty sure at the time that I had done the job. Which I suppose technically I did...But anyways. Once Zuko was home I didn't stop trying there. I tried to advise him away from actions that would raise suspicion. I tried to be a family again. But as it turns out, I was the only one.

"On the day of Black Sun, our job was to distract you and your friends from going after our father. So I waited for him in the throne room underground and he simply never came. I thought perhaps he had been reassigned. But then when everything was over, Zuko was just gone. He left a note for Mai...he actually spoke to father. Very childishly I looked for some kind of message. I thought maybe he would have had something to say to me. I killed the Avatar for him. I gave him his throne back. I did everything in my power to keep him in father's good graces but it seems he didn't even think about me. Because I didn't matter. He just left me in silence. It's the silence that drives you mad you know...

"As it turns out, the fault was mine. I really should have seen it coming. I can't be angry at Zuko for it because that's just how he is. You don't get angry at a spider wasp for stinging you. It's just what it does. It's my fault for not realizing what I was dealing with. He only thinks of himself and his own problems. And I accept that. Now he has greater responsibilities than that. His nation...his daughter. Things far more important than I should ever be to him. And I do believe he will do right by them. Even if he is incapable of doing right by me...I have to put that aside. He is still my Fire Lord."

It was a bit more than she wanted to say but she may as be realistic about how backed in to a corner she truly was.

12-06-2014, 01:36 PM
.find. .quote.

Air Nomad
Bender
All
Ephrum
It was interesting, to say the least, to gain such insight into the affairs of the royal family as they had existed during those days when they had been his greatest enemies. Aang found himself listening intently, seeing past the repeated references to his murder to give the tale the attention it needed. It went back further than he'd expected, really. He was expecting this apparent trust backlash to be a more recent affair, but it was less than surprising to know that Azula could hold a grudge, if a well-regulated one.

He had plenty to say about it all, but he couldn't say any of it without being perfectly sure that he had a clear understanding of Azula's feelings. "That's quite a lot to hold in for all these years," he began. "Clarify something for me: if Zuko had left you some sort of message or spoken to you once he had made up his mind to join my friends and I, do you feel that his departure might have stung you less? Would you have let him go?"

That was the crux of the issue, apparently, and it seemed to him less an issue of trust and more a feeling of bereavement on her part; unless she had focused extensively on the part of Zuko's departure that troubled her the least, her speech suggested that his turn against his family hadn't stung her so much as the fact that he'd left without saying goodbye. There could be any number of reasons why he hadn't done so. Without asking him, Aang could only speculate, and his mind was already working on a few ideas.
12-14-2014, 07:37 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula shrugged. She was actually quite pleased that the Avatar did at least seem to be listening. The conversation was almost becoming pleasant aside from the subject matter but the Avatar couldn't be held at fault for that. The rawness of her nerves from her visit with her father was only now starting to ebb away.

"Let him go? No. He would have had a fight on his hands as I would have done my best to try to keep him from turning his back on his family and nation. After all that's what it seemed like at the time. He would have needed to leave a note to get away from me unscathed. It would have hurt for a while, sure but I would probably have gotten over it eventually.

"I would probably be over the entire situation by now were it the first time he had done such a thing. Even if it were the last. But it wasn't the beginning nor the end. It was simply the moment I realized the way things were. How things were with Zuko. How things were with everyone else. I realized what I was to him. I realized what I truly was, period. It became clear to me that he said nothing because there was nothing to say. I wasn't his sister. I was an obstacle...a stepping stone. I existed to help him."

01-01-2015, 05:52 PM
.find. .quote.