Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Red, the Blood of Angry Men
TagsRyu
Thread DateJune 4

Fire Nation
Non Bender
-
K
Red, the Blood of Angry Men
The top part of Ji-hoon's robe was wrapped around his waist as he stepped outside the Yuyan Headquarters building. The building itself was large and rectangular with an open-air courtyard in the center. Ji-hoon had been out there training along with his underlings. The day was hot, and the sun was beating down with a complete lack of breeze. Running his fingers through his hair, he tried to gather it all together while his hair tie hung from his lips. Tugging it from his mouth, he laced it through his fingers for a good grip to wrap around his hair and keep it back when he heard a voice calling him back into the building.

He turned, leaning through the archway and into the dark hallways as one of his recruits inquired as to their training regiment while he was gone. "Just do the evening regiment early. When I get back tonight, I'm going to work them hard, so no slacking off." The young man bowed to him, then took off back toward the courtyard. Ji-hoon rotated his shoulder a few times, stretching out the worked muscle and finding himself back out into the street. That particular area of the city held the headquarters for each branch of the military, so military folk could be seen like ants moving through the streets. It was almost like their own little ward - there for the soldiers and their higher ups.

(It's short and I'm an awful person.)
08-02-2014, 07:09 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
High Commander
RE: Red, the Blood of Angry Men
Ryu rolled her eyes as another villager left her office, more complaints of fire nation troops taking a step too far into the Earth Kingdom. She swore if she never saw another peasant again it would be too soon. Getting to her feet she left her office, running a head through her black hair she tossed it to the side revealing the shaved part of her head that was covered in scars. Her black jacket that she wore over a simple tank top where her rank as High Commander was displayed for all to see. A hand on her swords she made her way down the hallways towards the main courtyard. Nodding at those who stood to attention as she passed she saluted in return though didn't give much mind to them.

Her steps lead her to take a look at how the archers were progressing, "When I get back tonight" the words met her ears as she turned a corner. Raising a sculpted eyebrow the young yet stern high commander looked at the men appraisingly "Going somewhere Captain General?" she said.
08-02-2014, 10:17 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Non Bender
-
K
Ji-hoon came to a halt just after turning around and finding the High Commander standing there in front of him. He looked down at her and immediately stood up a bit straighter, saluting though he must not look all that official what without anything covering his torso. Still standing at attention, the Captain-General allowed himself a smirk. "High Commander, I was just heading out to grab a few things for some of the recruits. I had them working through their lunch break, so I thought I'd work them a bit harder while I'm gone and bring them something." He motioned to the archers behind them.

He looked back at Ryu, still smirking. He respected her more than many of the others in high ranks with the Fire Nation military. It said a great deal about her, but she didn't scare him - not yet. He figured her to be the type to accept respect where respect was due, and hers was certainly due. "Would you like an inspection? Demonstration, perhaps?" he offered, glancing over at his men who were going through the evening routine training early, making room later that day for a new training regiment Ji-hoon had concocted.
08-02-2014, 10:43 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
High Commander
Ryu's eyes grazed over the archer's bare torso, she shook her head a bit but allowed a small smirk to play across her pale lips. "How sweet of you Ji-hoon, one might say your going soft on your recruits." she quipped Letting her dark eyes travel to the archers drilling she nodded "A demonstration would be quite appreciated."
08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Non Bender
-
K
Ji-hoon's smirk deepened. "A demonstration of me or of them?" he asked. The smirk turned into a grin, not being able to help the slight chuckle playing on his lips. Ryu was a better higher up than all of the Captain-General's past higher ups to put together. It was a relief, to be honest. Not having to tip toe around them made his job all the more easier. Spinnin on his heels, he motioned for Ryu to stand closer to his men.

"All second-year and up archers fall in line!" Ji-hoon's voice was suddenly much more firm, loud, and demanding than it had been when speaking to his superior. "Everyone else at attention and don't say a word unless you want fifty with the Post!" (The Post being the twelve-inch in diameter, five-foot long cylindrical concrete post to be carried on ones shoulders while running laps.) The younger recruits jogged up and stood at attention behind the more seasoned archers, about fifty of them, who stood in five rows of ten.

"You all know the rules: release your arrow when you have a clear, clean shot - not when the person next to you does. Last person to hit the target runs laps and has to apologize to the rest of the company in front of the group during dinner." Ji-hoon glanced back at the High Commander with a grin. "Anyone who misses has to apologize to the High Commander." The older recruits shifted, finally noticing just who was standing next to their Captain-General.

Ji-hoon walked over to one of the younger recruits who wasn't participating and took his bow and quiver. Standing nearly twenty feet behind the squad of participants, he knocked a single arrow and let it fly, sending it toward one of the walls surrounding the courtyard. The group of nearly-fifty let loose their arrows a mere split second after Ji-hoon, their mission to detect where their Captain-General's arrow was going to land, and hit the exact same spot. Ji-hoon's arrow embedded itself into the masonry fifty meters up, and not a moment later, fifty more arrows joined it. Perhaps it was the thread of apologizing to the High Commander, but each and every arrow stuck itself in the same spot.
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
High Commander
"I think i'd find either to be satisfactory" she replied before he could turn his back completely. Walking closer to the archers she surveyed them as they lined up, all of them were lithe and agile and she noted that this was most likely done on purpose so they could slip through places unnoticed. Though she was shorter then most of Ji-Hoon's men she was thankful for her reputation and imposing figure that made them straighten up as he mentioned having to apologize her. One younger recruit looked at her nervously, whom she flashed a fanged grin at and watched with satisfaction as the archers took there positions.

She watched with concealed pleasure as the arrows sunk into the masonry, the clatter of some fifty arrows following close behind sounded all of them hitting there mark. Raising her hands she clapped twice and nodded her approval "Well done Captain General I am impressed that you have turned this ragged band into something worth while." she said, as she walked down the lines of archers "They will be a great asset to the fire nation"
08-02-2014, 11:20 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Non Bender
-
K
Ji-hoon walked back over to the High Commander with a grin on his face. He was proud of his boys for performing so admirably - especially as it was his own neck on the line if any of them failed to perform up to standards. He was in charge of them, and as such, was expected to whip them into shape whether they wanted to be or not. Ji-hoon tried hard at all times to ensure his men could be the best they could manage and more. Even more so considering it could one day end up being their lives on the line because of it.

"Thank you," the captain-general responded to Ryu. He turned his head then. "Sato!" The man flinched at the sound of his name, cursing under his breath. "Yours was the last! Prepare a good speech for your comrades while you're running laps! Now!" The man, who had apparently released his arrow after everyone else had, sighed and ran toward the track. Ji-hoon turned back to the high commander.

"They stand ready right now, but they train every day to be better than the day before."
08-17-2014, 08:06 PM
.find. .quote.