Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Four Seasons
TagsOpen.
Thread DateJune 3

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
K
Four Seasons
Moochee wrung out a shirt, first one way and then another. He sat beside a cool river not too far from his, Toph's, and their son's underground home. The waters were up fairly high that day (it having rained the morning before), and their laundry had been piling up a bit unnecessarily high. Toph was back up and doing well on her own. She was healthy enough that The Dark One didn't mind allowing her to be in charge on her own again. His wife enjoyed the freedom, he knew, and she most definitely deserved a break from the day-to-day chores around the home.

Jun was flipped onto his stomach, laying on a blanket rather close to the edge of the river. He was much too young to crawl into it and pointed the wrong way to roll into it, so Moochee wasn't that worried. He'd been trying to get his son to work the muscles in his neck and hold up his head to look around as much as possible. Just before bringing him to the river to do some laundry, Jun had been fast asleep in a nap, so his father imagined a bit of sitting up wouldn't tire him out too much.

Every handful of minutes of holding his head up, Jun would plop back down on to his side, either by losing his balance or running out of stamina. Moochee would always glance over, leaning off his sitting rock to free any squished limbs that would get caught in the movement. Halfway through the laundry, with most of the shirts and undergarments laid out on rocks in the sun, Jun rolled over to his back. Obviously completely fed up with his father's neck-strengthening tricks, he instead chose to stare up into the leaves of the trees and the sun shining through them. Every now and then, he would coo and widen his eyes at a bird flying by.

The Dark One grabbed Jun's blanket and swaddled him form his underarms down, leaving his arms to wiggle around and grasp at air. The child had been bare before, but what with the cool breeze and having to wash his other clothes, Moochee thought perhaps he might be getting a bit cold. The metalbender went back to his washing, moving on to pants and scrubbing out dirt stains. As he did, he whistled to himself and to Jun. The two-month-old's eyes would widen, clearly hearing something, but not yet having the motor skills to find his father in his peripherals. Moochee whistled Four Seasons as father and son enjoyed the nice weather and calm ambiance.
07-30-2014, 11:28 PM
.find. .quote.

Earth Kingdom
Bender
Earth
Kesra
The Harvest Lights Festival
RE: Four Seasons
"Darky! Oh Darky!" Lian called going outside looking for Moochee and the baby. She couldn't find Jun and could only assume he had to be with Moochee. Except she can't call him Moochee. That would make him feel...Well Lian didn't know but he always got really angry with her when she tried. "Darky! There you are!"

She jogged up to sit beside him. Her kamancheh was with her as always. She set it on the sandy soil next to her as she looked over to Jun.

"Oh there's a Jun! How's my wittle Jun-bug?" She cooed at the baby before looking up at Mooche again. She took out a dusty, thin journal that he would undoubtedly recognize. "So! I found a book of one of your poems. And I thought that what would be better for a baby than songs with words written by his dad? Except this stuff is really dark so I brightened it up!"

She pulled the Kamancheh in front of her and started to pluck at the strings with her fingertips.

Oh my soul is a pink void of laughter
The dreams are all lively and bright!
Through my veins flow a happy resevoir of-

"I'm trying to decide what to put there instead of manic rage...Any ideas?"
[Image: ddl2lh.gif]
07-30-2014, 11:40 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
K
In that type of situation, most people would have a few choice words for the person who stole their writing notebook and and altered it to fit their own notion of art. Moochee, however, was not most people. He didn't have a few choice words - he had rant after rant building up in the back of his throat like bile, disgusting and painful. And yet, he kept it back. The metalbender but back each and every word that threatened to spill out and, instead, did his best to keep his cool. That didn't stop him from leaning over and snatching his book back, however. He felt the need to express the poem in its true form to save it from the embarrassment.

"Oh, my soul is a desolate plain of misery,
The nightmares are scratching behind my eyes- my throat,
Through my veins flows a choleric reservoir of manic rage,
Obscurity eating away at the excruciating pain, my only solace.
"

Jun watched Lian, his eyes open wide and focused on her. He couldn't quite manage the strength to turn his head enough to see his father, so looking at her would have to suffice for entertainment, and it did. His mouth hung open, corners turned up, though he wasn't yet smiling. He enjoyed being spoken to in such a high voice, and it fascinated him. Kicking out his legs, one of his feet brushed up against Lian's leg- completely on accident. He didn't quite have the kinetic understanding to know how to kick people just yet
08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
.find. .quote.

Earth Kingdom
Bender
Earth
Kesra
Lian heard Darky starting to recite the original poem. She was starting to feel rather depressed just hearing it. Instead she looked down to Jun and smiled to him. She started making silly faces at the baby trying to make him laugh before realizing Darky had finished reading his poem.

"I know the original but it's so dark and totally not fit for a baby. Isn't that right Jun-Bug? Your Daddy's old poetry is so moody, huh?" She used her higher baby voice for him pressing the tip of his nose gently. She looked back up to Darky.

"Got anything less dark and depressing I can make in to a song for him?"
08-07-2014, 05:50 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
"Careful Lian - if you'd been here the last time I used Moochee's old name you'd know what happens when someone messes with his poetry," carrying a bag over her shoulder, Toph approached her son, husband and Lian. Her long hair blowing in the wind (Toph hadn't tied her hair up at all since having Jun - during the delivery it had been Lian who'd held it out of her face) Toph was clad in a simple training skirt and dirty sleeveless shirt. She had smudges of dirt on her face and china-white arms - as well as a few cuts... and she looked irritated.

"Look at this," flopping down on the stump next to her baby, Toph opened the bag and began dumping out shattered pieces of glass, "I've been practicing for three hours with that little fire urchen - and nothing! Absolutely nothing!" the pieces of glass looked like they'd been blown apart - cracks and shatter-marks dotted them. Some of them still had some semblance of a shape - looking quite pretty despite the damage, "I can't hold my focus - it just won't come - I bury my feet in the sand. I squeeze and NOTHING... just as the heat starts to fuse the sand together it all breaks apart!"

Holding up what might have been a bird or a swan, Toph said, "Look at this - I can't sell this! I'm about to run out of sculptures for the shop - if my feet don't start behaving we'll have to start selling Moochee's poetry," glancing down at her son, Toph's scowl softened a bit when he gurgled at her, "You're the worst critic - you like everything..." reaching out, Toph gently stroked the infant's head - then returning her shattered bird to the pile of ruined sculptures, "By the way Lian - you don't need words. Jun-Jun likes that instrument of yours almost as much as he likes sucking on me,"

Only Toph would refer to breast feeding as being 'sucked on'

"Just pick a tune and play it - or just hum. He likes the sound of your voice too. I can tell," under normal conditions Toph might have been a bit more rude in that declaration - if she'd even said it at all. However, having just finished the joy's of postpartum - the young woman was full of the more enjoyable 'mother hormones' (reinforced by Jun's multiple daily feedings) and as a result Toph's gentle side tended to come out more without her realizing it.

Which was better than the mood she'd been in when she'd been heavily pregnant some few months ago
Laws change depending on who's making them
But Justice is Justice
08-10-2014, 07:52 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
K
The Dark One's eyebrow twitched as Lian started to criticize his work. He bit his tongue, but he so wanted to challenge her - as her how she would feel if someone told her that her performances were too peppy and that no one would like them. Worse! She was saying his one and only precious son would prefer the version she made as opposed the one that Moochee had written.

As he was bristling, sitting silently and soaking a rather stubborn stain in the river, he heard his wife approaching. His nose twitched as she mentioned their son suckling on her, not particularly enjoying the phrasing. But his face returned to being just as emotionless as before and let Toph finish what she was saying. He held up the shirt, looking at it in the sunlight and deciding the stain was as gone as it was going to be.

Laying the shirt down on another rock to sun dry, Moochee took the chance where his hand was free to stand up. He leaned over Jun and took Toph's chin in his fingers, kissing her gently in greeting. That was The Dark One - greeting his wife with a kiss rather than saying a single word to her. As he sat back down and grabbed one of her bras from his bag, he began to soak it in the river.

Jun cooed at his mother as she appeared, then whined a few times when she disappeared from his immediate view again.

"He needs to be on his stomach so he can learn to sit up," Moochee finally said.
08-17-2014, 08:30 PM
.find. .quote.

Earth Kingdom
Bender
Earth
Kesra
Lian smiled as Toph approached and waved enthusiastically. Yeah she supposed it didn't go well when someone messed with Darky's poetry.

"I guess I'll just save those songs for when Jun-bug can understand them better." Lian nodded before pulling the Kamancheh in to her lap. She held it in the way it was actually traditionally held. she could play it this way without trouble. She just usually preferred her way. She started to pluck the strings in a lively tune watching the baby before looking up at Toph.

"I could probably help you with that stuff. Bao-Mei isn't nearly as critical of my sandbending as she used to be. I bet she's getting proud of me even!"
10-02-2014, 02:23 PM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
His Fireness
Glancing at Lian when she greeted her, Toph rolled her eyes and poked Lian in the shoulder, "You're almost as conceited as he is," she said with a nod in Moochee's direction, "But I like both of you anyway," her attention becoming riveted to Moochee when he stood up and kissed her, Toph blinked a few times after Moochee let her chin go and said, "You keep kissin me like that and Jun-Jun is going to have a LOT of sisters and brothers," shivering slightly - as if Moochee's touch was electric.

"The problem, Lian," Toph said as she tossed a broken sculpture back and forth in her hands, "Is that I can't focus. It's just... I start to worry about Jun-Jun. And then I start to worry about you and my other students - what if I've gone soft? What if I'm not training you like I used to? All these what-ifs... I NEVER had this problem when Jun-Jun was just a little parasite hangin inside my guts. Hell I was HARDER on you guys when I was pregnant! I need to focus - I need to... to concentrate! It's pathetic - that's what it is! Pure and simple, and I sit here whining about it... ugh" now looking determined - but disgusted - Toph crossed her arms and scowled, "We're gonna have to fix this..."

Shaking her head, Toph set the sculpture back in the bag and said, "I need a way to just... just forget what bothers me... but I dunno how. Ignorin it isn't workin. I know that much," glancing at Jun when he started to squirm and whine because he couldn't see his mother, Toph glanced at Moochee when he said that Jun needed to spend more time on his stomach so he could get used to sitting up, "Moochee half the time you're afraid to even change his diaper - when he was born you were convinced you'd drop him or his head would fall off. Relax - okay? I know why you've got him on his belly. He probably wants to eat but it's not time yet - if I feed him now he'll get all sick and throw-up on all those nice clean sheets,"

Nudging Moochee with her big toe, Toph said, "You don't have to justify your parenting to me Moochee, I trust you," returning her attention to Lian when she said that Bao-Mei wasn't nearly as critical lately, Toph, "Well of course she isn't! You're trainin with the best kid," some of her own bravado showing through, Toph said, "I may be a nervous wreck but I know talent when I see it - and you kid, you got talent... granted. When I first met you I thought you were nuts - coming in dripping wet and saying I was the only person who'd train you even though you weren't rich and then getting all excited because I was just starting to show I was pregnant... BOY you can switch topics fast, kid. But trust me... you're doin fine. I'M the one whose havin problems..."
Laws change depending on who's making them
But Justice is Justice
11-04-2014, 07:50 AM
.find. .quote.

Yu Dao
Bender
Earth
K
The smirk at the mention of having more children was more a smirk of the eyes rather than the lips. His face continued as stoic as ever, but a certain glint in his eye told Toph he wasn't entirely displeased with the thought. And as she delved into a rant on how she had gone soft on the students, Moochee returned to his washing, submerging one of her bras into the river and wringing it out after, placing it with the other clothing to dry. He had heard the rant many, many times, and though he didn't think she was going soft, the principle of the thing was more what Toph thought of her situation.

The Dark One blinked and glanced over when he was poked with Toph's toe. He grunted at her statement of trust, though he was never completely confident in his skills, anyway. It was nice to know at least one of the people in the relationship thought he was doing a good job with raising his son. He placed a hand on her foot, rubbing circles in the top of it with his thumb to tell her he appreciated the statement before returning to his cleaning.

He reached over to a blanket that had dried a while ago, and leaned down to swaddle Jun in it, placing a kiss on his son's head. In response, his son yawned, eyes trying their best to stay open.
12-07-2014, 02:32 PM
.find. .quote.