Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Duet Combat
TagsSokka
Thread DateJune 4th

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
The Harvest Lights Festival
Duet Combat
It had taken some doing but Azula managed to find a place for her and Sokka to train together out of sight of everyone else. Training at the palace wouldn't work. She didn't want someone to recognize the style and identify the two of them. It was important that no one knew who Cao's bodyguards really were.

They were just on the edge of the city in a field that was once occupied by the oldest house in Caldera. Ozai had seen to it that it was destroyed a couple years before becoming Fire Lord. Rumors circulated as to why but nothing was ever confirmed. It did however provide a large open space for training that most people wouldn't come across.

Azula twisted in the air from Sokka's throw, moving to land in a crouch behind the moving practice dummy that he had managed to rig. The knife in her hand went in between the shoulderblades of the dummy. She smiled and walked to Sokka.

"There. That was just the right amount of lift. Perfect." She stopped beside him and kissed his cheek. The practice dummy spring was finally spent making it come to a stop. "Shall we try it again?"
[Image: 28qpzev.jpg]
Art in signature by Kelly1412 Used with permission.

I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you.
I've told a million lies but now I'll tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do.
Remember when I told you that's the last you'd see of me?
Remember when I broke you down to tears?
I know I took the path that you would never want for me.
I gave you through hell through all these years.
But now I bet my life on you.

07-21-2014, 11:55 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
RE: Duet Combat
After the throw had been performed, Sokka had spun around on his heel, his Star Sword spinning in his hand on a custom-made loop that he had invented a week ago. The result had allowed him to create a sort of saw-like effect, slicing the tall blades of grass around him like a gardener trimming a hedge. When he righted himself, he was pleased to see the target they had constructed quivering with a dagger protruding from it and Azula smiling. He returned the kiss she had given him with one of his own, on the lips this time as he drew her in close to him as he did so.

"Yeah, lets do that once more, he agreed once he released her. "This time, try and throw a dagger with each hand. I'm thinking that if you can be as accurate with both hands, the likelihood of dropping multiple targets at once will be more effective."

Sokka walked back to the starting position of the maneuver they were attempting and took up the stance he had used to start the last time. "Ready when you are," he told her, grinning.
[Image: bc17e6e2-9cd0-48a3-8cf8-a7bfcd1095e5_zps35321075.jpg]

Thanks to Matereya for letting me use her art for my avatar image!
07-27-2014, 01:32 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula nodded bringing her hand up to push her hair back behind her shoulder. She had gone with the one knife as a test but he was right. The sooner she was using two, the better. She moved forward to start winding the dummies up again. She approached Sokka again, taking a second knife out.

"Ready when you are." Of course this time the throw went perfectly fine and the knives each found a dummy but they didn't go where she wanted them to. Mai had always been the knife thrower. Azula learned very little simply watching the other girl. It had something to do with the weight of the knives....

They would go through this several times. Though the knives would hit each time, they never went where Azula wanted them to. Eventually she simply growled throwing a knife in to the back of one of the dummy's head.

"Let's take a break." She grumbled. She was starting to get frustrated and would not improve until she was in a better mindset.

08-02-2014, 02:13 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
With the maneuver completed once again, Sokka's keen eyes looked over at Azula. He could tell by her shoulders that she was frustrated even before she grumbled, and Sokka carefully returned his blade to its scabbard on his back before walking over and joining her, putting an arm around her small waist.

"A break sounds good," Sokka agreed. They'd been practicing for a long time now and no matter how strong he was or how little Azula weighed, throwing her in the air over and over again did wear him out. He leaned his head over and kissed her earlobe before walking away from her, toward the spot where they had put their things including a couple of waterskins. He picked up one and opened it, pouring some into his mouth to swallow before letting more splash down his face. No matter how long he stayed in the north, Sokka would never get used to the heat.

Sokka returned the stopper to the waterskin and tossed it to Azula. He then removed his sword from his back and then proceeded to pull off his damp shirt as well. Seriously, it was hot today. "Do you want to test out the dart throwers later?" he queried, conversationally. It was yet another invention he'd been fiddling around with lately, and he was fairly sure that he got the gas pressure right this time. Still, he wanted to try it out in the open air this time instead of the workshop he had in the palace. Safer that way.

10-05-2014, 12:21 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula smiled up at Sokka as she felt his arm wrapping around her waist. A hand came down to touch the back of his before she walked off to retrieve the knives. She held one up and tilted her head to the side.

"They're weighted right....I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...." She muttered before she would join him over by their things. She caught the waterskin as it was tossed to her and took a deep drink before closing it. She turned and sat down next to their things in the grass. She leaned against the fence their stuff had been placed against. It was a simple rail fence that had to have been constructed decades ago.

"That could be fun." She answered. "It'll be nice to not have to use the dart gun anymore. That thing gets tricky if you've already been running quite a bit."

10-07-2014, 12:39 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
With Azula joining him by their gear, Sokka removed the dart thrower from his bag along with his tool roll and walked over to her to sit down next to her. He plopped down beside her and, after removing a screwdriver, started to work on adjusting the tightness of the straps that held the thrower in place.

The dart thrower was basically a series of six tubes arranged along a piece of leather that was molded to fit along a persons thigh. The tubes themselves each held a single dart in place that could be anything from a sharp needle to a syringe holding poison. Each dart wasn't more than a couple inches in length, but used in the right way they could be even more deadly than a blade. Connecting the tubes together was small flexible pipes that lead to the small canister of compressed gas along the back length of the device. Each pipe had a small shut-off valve between the gas canister and the piping, and those valves were controlled by a trigger by way of tension lines, the harder a person squeezed the trigger, the more valves opened to release the darts.

"So this is the device," Sokka explained as he showed it to her. "You strap it to your thigh, right here, and it can either be controlled by your right hand or, if moving together, I can hold you up and use it myself. Obviously your leg needs to be aimed at what or whoever you want to hit, so you either need to be in the air when you shoot it or if you are over my shoulder it should work too. If it works out, I was thinking that you could have these on both your legs and your wrists too. The wrist ones don't necessarily have to be darts either. I've been playing around with flammable gas and pellets too."

10-14-2014, 04:53 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula was, as usual, excited to look over these little gadgets Sokka had the tendency to come up with. She didn't have the head for it herself but she supposed that was one of the advantages Sokka had to being a non bender. Where she would usually use her bending somehow to solve a situation, Sokka didn't have that advantage so he had to come up with something else. And that something else was more often than not quite useful.

Good for a former bender like Azula anyways. She hated thinking of herself as such but it had been two and a half years since she had held a flame in her hands. She was starting to get concerned that this was going to be permanent. She never expressed these concerns out loud but part of her suspected that Sokka somehow knew. She held on to one of them, looking it over in her hands.

Finally she brought it down to her leg, trying it on around her thigh. She secured it and lifted it seeing the angle she would need to hold her foot at in order for this to work. She looked over to him when he mentioned gas.

"So you thought of a practical way to store gas?"

11-14-2014, 06:04 AM
.find. .quote.