Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Chasing Cats
TagsOpen
Thread DateJune 3rd

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
The Harvest Lights Festival
Chasing Cats
There were many ways people dealt with stress. Some people preferred to train. Well Azula hasn't been able to Fire Bend for the last couple years. She still did her training at dawn but for the most part it had the tendency to make matters worse. Regardless she still did it but she had figured out how to do deal with stress she puts on herself.

Some people do something artistic. Poetry. Painting. Even dance recently. Azula had no talent for any of these things. Others would find a hobby. There. That one. Azula had found a hobby.

Every once in a while she'd make her way through the slums with a large cloth sack and a blow dart gun. She would find stray cat pigeons and sedate them with a blow dart before stuffing them in to the bag. Later they would be released in Zuko's room. That meant she had to work fast.

The sound of a dart being blown from the large straw could be heard through one of the back alley only to hit a cat pigeon. Azula walked over to the cat pigeon by the scruff.

"Hmm. You look a bit sickly..." She set that one down and fired another at a healthier looking one. That one was stuffed in to her bag.
[Image: 28qpzev.jpg]
Art in signature by Kelly1412 Used with permission.

I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you.
I've told a million lies but now I'll tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do.
Remember when I told you that's the last you'd see of me?
Remember when I broke you down to tears?
I know I took the path that you would never want for me.
I gave you through hell through all these years.
But now I bet my life on you.

07-21-2014, 12:50 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
K
RE: Chasing Cats
Once a week, Rama was given a day where he didn't have to worry about waking up early to make it to training and shift from that to studying until it was time to finish up late in the night. He usually spent that time either relaxing at home, going to the market and doing some shopping, or taking a refreshing walk. That day had been one for a walk. He had ended up in the slums, which he hadn't meant to do, but a performance of some sort had blocked his usual path through Caldera City. But as he made his way through the streets of the poorer areas of the city, he noticed a figure moving about in one of the alleyways. Usually this wouldn't have made him stop, except the figure seemed to have a striking resemblance to Princess Azula, his trainer.

One eyebrow raised, he squinted into the darkness of the alley. Unfortunately for him, he was correct in his previous assumption that the person creeping in the alleyway was his lightning generation trainer and slave driver. The smart thing to do at that moment would have been to take a few steps back and make a run for it. That way he most certainly wouldn't be pulled into whatever strange plot Azula had going through her mind. Instead, he did the complete opposite, taking a few steps in and calling out to her. "Sifu... are you bagging... cat-pigeons?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. His confusion was deeply expressed in his voice as he stood there. "Those are wild. They probably are infested with diseases," he cautioned, though he didn't move to stop her. Azula would do what she wanted to do... that was how she always had been. Or, at least, that was how she had been in the two years Rama had known her.
07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula didn't look over to Rama as she leaned forward to pick up another of the pigeon cats. She looked it over muttering about how it will do and then shoved it in to the bag.

"I'm not too worried about it. They have to scratch or bite for that to be an issue. If Zuzu gets beaten by a handful of cats, that's really his problem." She finally turned to face him and brought the blowgun up to her lips. A dart would sail over Rama's shoulder in to a cat behind him. "Grab that one, would you? Just pick it up by the scruff." She called turning to look for more cats. She walked over to a garbage can and kicked it, waiting for something to dart out.

07-28-2014, 05:24 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
K
Rama was jut about to protest before he cut himself off- seemingly giving up. Suddenly, though, his fervor was back and he leaned on to one leg, arms crossed over his chest. "Sifu, I'm not going and grabbing that knocked-out cat for you. This is weird, you know. Really, really weird." Without getting much of a reaction from his master, he glared at her back, trying to figure out a way to get out of the demand. Unfortunately... it was like training. None of his arguments would ever be good enough to beat Azula's 'because I said so' response to everything.

Trekking over to where the blow dart had gone, Rama fell on to one knee and pulled some wooden crates out of the way. Azula had told him to pick it up by the scruff of its neck, but the cat was totally and completely out of it, so he didn't see why he would have to take such precautions. Pulling it into his arms and cradling it there, he half wondered what exactly she was planning on doing with them. Azula had mentioned the Fire Lord in passing, but what would he have to do with a bunch of alley pigeon cats?

"Sifu, if you don't mind me saying," Rama began, laying the cat he had caught in the bag Azula had motioned to before, "all of this is making you look a bit... insane. People are staring when they pass by. It's kind of-" He glanced up just as an elderly couple stopped to watch them. Their eyes were wide before the husband sneered and began to pull his wife away, muttering about the 'untraditional youth plaguing Caldera City'. Rama groaned, averting his eyes and hoping no one would recognize him. "-embarrassing."
08-01-2014, 07:37 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula rolled her eyes picking up another cat by the scruff. She walked over to the bag and placed the cat inside. She held it open and shuffled it around to cat how many she had. She reached down to pull the dart out of the one that he'd just contributed.

"First...they are peasants. I don't actually care what they think." Azula started as she started looking around for another pigeon cat. "Second, they already think I'm insane." She looked to Rama. "Third, when you are as universally feared as I am, you can pretty much do whatever I want. Lastly, I am a princess of the Fire Nation. Whatever I decide is worth my time is worth my time. The opinions of peasants does not factor in."

She pulled a board forward to see one starting to run out. She brought the dart gun to her lips to shoot a dart at the pigeon cat. The cat yowled before passing out. Azula walked over to retrieve it.

"If you're going to be so bothered by your surroundings, your lightning will be a greater danger to you than your foes. Live fearlessly Rama."

08-02-2014, 02:39 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
K
Rama took the bag sitting next to him and followed his master over toward the cat she had just hit with the dart. He held it open for her, silently happy he at least didn't have to be the one shooting the poor felines. "I'm not bothered, Sifu Azula. I'm aware," he responded, and though he could have continued on with the subject, he dropped it. If he hadn't, he was sure to get laps or extra training time - something to make him wish he'd never been bored. Azula was talented in making him feel that way.

After she had darted another cat, Rama held open the bag one more time and glanced around, not readily seeing very many more cats around. "What are these cats for, anyway? You can't take these indoors. They'd never work out as pets," he asked, curiously.
08-17-2014, 08:22 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
"Not as pets." Azula agreed. She walked over to the bed and shook it about to make sure all of the cats were still very much unconscious. "But they look like they could use a good meal..."

It was an odd thing to say. Azula wasn't the sort to take pity on such helpless creatures.

"So I'm going to stick them under Zuko's bed and hide fish throughout his room." She seemed to cheer up. She closed the bag and hefted it over her shoulder. "It's been a while since I've done anything for Zuzu."

10-02-2014, 02:17 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
K
Confused at first with the statement, Rama was about to ask for clarification when his master added on. Ah, Zuko- of course. It seemed Azula's favorite past-time was making her brother's life and living nightmare. And as he stood with her, the blue-eyed firebender crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'm not certain this counts as doing something for your brother," Rama replied, though a smile made it to his features, at least. He supposed it was better than her attacking him outright.
12-07-2014, 03:16 PM
.find. .quote.