Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Nobility District The Changing Times
TagsSemi-Open. PM Zuko
Thread DateMarch 7th

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
The Harvest Lights Festival
Bug  RE: The Changing Times
His face melting into a relieved smile as his tiny daughter poked her head out from behind Buri's skirt, Zuko half-knelt and half-ran to scoop up his tiny daughter. Holding her tightly in his arms Zuko wished right then that he'd never have to let her go again. As he held this tiny child he began to realize how much of her life he'd met - how long he'd had to keep her hidden and safe.

He also realized - sadly - that despite what he was going to have to do, soon he'd be seeing even less of her...

Holding Ta Min in his arms, Zuko slowly sat down on the edge of her bed - wishing he could keep holding her as tightly as he had been and talk at the same time. Unfortunately - he only had one mouth and her long shaggy hair kept him from speaking if he didn't put her on his lap. Smiling down at his daughter, Zuko said, "I'm very proud of you, little one... you could have been killed - but you fought and you were strong. You even saved Buri. You were very brave today,"

What Zuko meant as praise - as a compliment - only seemed to shame Ta Min more. Her tiny body becoming tight as she explained what had happened earlier. The fight with nalum and her 'bad bending' - she hadn't told him HOW badly she'd 'bended' (Zuko started to realize just how right Ty Lee had been) and he did his best to keep his eyes off her hands, but it was obvious the girl was troubled, "Fighting with Nalum?" that was a problem. Ta Min had quite extraordinary gifts - but she didn't use her bending for combat. She seemed to think that Fire was for dancing - for beauty - she didn't use it for fighting... which was good. Because she fought often - far more often than Zuko liked.

And here she was STILL fighting... but this time her fighting had saved a life.

Listening as she spoke of his pet phrase - and asked him not to be cross - Zuko found himself torn. He didn't want to be upset over Nalum's fight - Ta Min had endured enough - but he couldn't just ignore it either. Staring at Ta Min - her shiny little eyes gleaming up at him - Zuko wrapped her in another hug and said, "The greatest gift and honor - is having you for my daughter. Even when you work your hardest to shame me... I will always love you; and I will ALWAYS come for you,"

Rocking Ta Min back and forth, Zuko said, "Things are going to have to change now Ta Min... the bad people have found you - I can't hide you here anymore. We'll have to move you and..." realizing he could hear gurgling and snoring, Zuko slowly backed his chest away from Ta Min, "Ta Min?" smiling gently as he realized she was sleeping - her tiny body limp in his arms - Zuko kissed her forehead and slowly eased her under her blankets. Staring down at her sleeping body, Zuko smiled sadly and said, "Sleep well... princess,"

Slowly easing out of Ta Min's room, Zuko closed the door behind him and - glancing around for Ty Lee or Buri - Zuko softly said, "Find Chiyori - and the captain of my non-Kyoshi bodyguards. We need to talk,"
Ironically
I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the avatar myself
Didn't work!
07-24-2014, 02:31 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Non Bender
-
K
RE: The Changing Times
Ty Lee couldn't help but jump at Zuko's rather auditory exclamation. She realized she had been ranting on and on, but it was only so the Fire Lord would understand the gravity of the situation and how much it meant to Ta Min. Little girls could be heavily affected by even little things - she should know. Ty Lee could recall multiple times in her childhood when little things her sisters would say or her father would do - they would hurt her, even if her family didn't quite understand why. The emotions of children needed to be treated with delicacy. And sometimes, the gymnast wasn't all too sure Zuko knew what that meant.

Still, the shout was plenty enough to get her to shut up and allow him to talk a little bit. Her eyebrows furrowed together, and Ty Lee was half ready to jut into a rant on how he should listen to her when he pulled her close, embracing her tightly. She blinked, confused at first and stiff, not too sure what was going on. Realization dawned slowly before she melted into his arms, wrapping her own around him to return the embrace. He wasn't upset. He was stressed and... she had to admit, she had a tenancy to be a bit overbearing with her words and hype. It was her nature, true, but then wasn't the time.

The kiss on the cheek should have been more of a surprise than it was. Truth be told, Ty Lee was drowning in the sensation of being hugged by the Fire Lord, she didn't even open her eyes before he was walking into Ta Min's room. She blinked, then let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. The stress was gone, and the kiss brought a small smile to her cheeks. Everyone was safe - it was as if she was only then figuring that out. Everyone was safe, and Zuko was going to do something about what had happened. Something was going to change.

Turning away from the hallway, Ty Lee followed him into the room and peeked out behind him. Out of his peripherals, she met his eyes with her own gaze. The Kyoshi Warrior didn't say anything, but she tried with all of her will to make sure he wouldn't say anything to make Ta Min feel bad. Watching the exchange, she relaxed; her smile broadened. She should have been worried - Zuko was an amazing father to Ta Min and he knew how to treat her, guide her, and raise her. Ty Lee couldn't help her motherliness, though. She loved the child with everything she was.

Watching Ta Min fall asleep in her daddy' arms, Ty Lee took a couple steps forward. She glanced at her sister, then back down to the Fire Lord. "Zuko?" she asked, but he merely nodded at her, walking out into the hallway and calling for the Kyoshi Warriors. She followed, and took the moment when it was just the two of them to hug him again - a thank you for the kindness he had given her before. "Is she going to be like... a legitimate princess now?" she asked softly, still holding on to her embrace.
08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
"She shouldn't have to be," Zuko said - barely noticing that Ty Lee was still hanging on him as his mind raced with what must now be done, "This is not what I wanted... she should have gotten a chance to grow up. Now... now things are different. She would have had to work hard - she would have had to become a princess - but not like this..." finally looking down at Ty Lee, Zuko gave her a smile and said, "What are you? Some sort of new Fire Lord's necklace?"

Putting his forehead against Ty Lee's, Zuko exhaled and then broke the embrace, "Come on Circus Freak - we'd best get down stairs and start cleaning up..."

Pacing back and forth as the Guard Captain continued bringing guards and family members and servants of the Lee house to debrief, Zuko glanced at Chiyori. Her report had been quick - efficient - but the guard captain was wallowing in futility. Trying to find something the Kyoshi had missed. As he started to take Ta Min's dresser back through the earlier events of the day, Zuko clapped his hands and said firmly, "Enough!" as all eyes came to him, the Fire Lord said, "They tried to take the life of my daughter - the ball is in our court now. No more fumbling,"

Looking at Chiyori, Zuko said, "They failed tonight - by tomorrow her existence may be leaked to anyone or no one. We have to move her - and we have to move her without being seen. At the palace we can protect her... but she'll need to be a royal for that to happen..." glancing at the guard captain - and then back at Chiyori and Ty Lee, Zuko asked, "Can it be done? Can we move her without anyone seeing or knowing?"
Ironically
Didn't work!
08-02-2014, 07:21 PM
.find. .quote.

Chiyori returned as she was summoned having come up empty in her own search of further evidence regarding the assassin. Though a master of stealth, it would seem this person was just as good. She reported on whatever she found hoping something could be put to use. All the while she ignored the glares from the soldier that was trying to give more information than she. His ego was not her concern.

She looked over those present and thought about those that had come along. She started to form a plan. She looked to the Fire Lord.

"Have you considered a decoy? If there are several men looking like they're trying to hide while carrying a small child, I believe any attacker trying to come after you would still have a difficult time identifying the actual Fire Lord. Especially if you're one of the soldiers driving the carriage while your daughter hides under your cloak."
08-19-2014, 05:41 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Sighing, Zuko said, "I'm afraid that no matter what we do we'll be in the wrong. Whatever choice I take the fact is that Ta Min's childhood is over - she won't be the little girl I wanted her to be anymore... I just hope..." narrowing his eyes, Zuko growled and with a shake of his head he said, "Chiyori, you seem to have the best option - though I think a good idea might be to improvise a type of harness that she could hang from - there'd never be any chance of anyone seeing her,"

His captain stepped forward then, "Another option sir, may be to have my men take her to the palace now - only one or two of them. Carry her through the darkness without anyone knowing she's gone - they'll still think your here," considering the option, Zuko glanced at Chiyori, "Chiyori?" blinking in surprise, the captain said, "Sir my men-"

His head jerking around sharply, Zuko said, "I am TIRED of people questioning me at every turn. The Kyoshi were given the task of my protection. Now be silent!" returning his attention to Chiyori, Zuko said, "I'd like an opinion on the odds... do you think she'd be safer with one or two of your Kyoshi and moved through the dark? I don't want to wake her until we can't wait anymore - she's had a long day... but do you think it would be safer?"
Ironically
Didn't work!
09-13-2014, 06:30 PM
.find. .quote.