Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

The Pirate's life is unnaturally short

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
The Harvest Lights Festival
There was a time when a job like this would have concerned Azula. Scratch that...Ember. She was on a job. She was Ember now. At first, it had been nerve wracking to take a job from the nobility. There was that constant fear that she would be recognized as the dead princess. However, as time went on, it became steadily more and more apparent that they just didn't want to believe she could have survived. Though initially a blow to the ego, Ember had learned to use this to her advantage.

She stood outside of a cave behind some brush as she watched the ship get loaded up. Someone was supposed to meet her here. Someone else the noble had seen fit to hire for the job. She had tried to explain that she didn't need backup but the client seemed more at ease sending more than one person to do this. It didn't matter. It still paid the same after all.

Her arms came up over her head to stretch. She rubbed her wrists more out of a habit she didn't notice anymore than out of any issue with them. Her long dark hair was in its usual high ponytail. She wore the same dark red garb she was usually caught in. It felt nice to have a job. Honestly, she wasn't sure if she'd ever be out again. Zuko surprised her in letting her leave as she wished. Maybe he doesn't see me as a threat. That suited her fine. She didn't believe herself to be one either.
[Image: 28qpzev.jpg]
Art in signature by Kelly1412 Used with permission.

I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you.
I've told a million lies but now I'll tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do.
Remember when I told you that's the last you'd see of me?
Remember when I broke you down to tears?
I know I took the path that you would never want for me.
I gave you through hell through all these years.
But now I bet my life on you.

10-24-2012, 03:43 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Soshi Zhao
Zuko FaceThe Harvest Lights Festival
His steed was a warbred mongoose lizard. This beast of burden had been trained to deal with Soshi’s… Presence, and carried him silently to the meeting point. His armour was oiled to perfection, and was making barely a noise. His blades were freshly honed, and ready to cut through the criminals. His anger was simmering throughout the entirety of his body, and all of his tools of impairment were ready. His cloak was deflecting much of the heat, and given the abysmal heat of the day, the air was so overlaced with heat that it made it almost impossible to see him for all the light he was reflecting in addition to that.

But in a small sphere around him, Soshi manipulated the heat of the day to be away from himself, leaving him at a comfortable temperature. His mount eventually took him to the meeting place, and he dismounted, not looking at his partner, but her weapon. “Polearm? Hopefully you will not be caught in close quarters.” He scanned her over, and frowned. “Are you a Bender? I was told nothing about you apart from that I am supposed to make sure you come back alive, since I am the more durable of the two of us.”
10-24-2012, 04:03 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Ember looked over to see the armored man in white. This must be the man she was supposed to work with. At least that was the only reason she could think of for someone to seek her out. Unless someone was looking for her, there wasn't really a lot of chance someone would randomly find her. His words confirmed this.

"My fire isn't particularly strong but I can handle myself with lightning. I am more than capable of other means of combat." Her amber eyes didn't leave the ship. She found his appearance strange. The last time she heard of someone with white hair, they became the moon.

"They have been restocking their supplies for the past several hours but they seem to be waiting for something in specific. I'm willing to bet it's not us."

10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Soshi Zhao
"If you would do the honours of sinking them with a Lightning strike once we are in range, I feel that should keep them distracted long enough for us to mop up. Stick close, I need to be able to watch your back since your not in armour." He let his hand rest on his saya, looking them over. "If you are Lightning capable, can I use my own bending near you, or am I going to need to watch out?"

He remounted, offering a gauntleted hand to her, ready to pull her in front of himself, and take off for the soon to be killing field. "They are pirates, there is a good chance they intend to wait here. It is an isolated enough cove that they could be waiting for a known merchant vessel to strike. I know of a few shipping routes in the area who have been plagued by pirates, and with the black market spiking since Fire Lord Ozai was deposed, any merchant with more ambition then honour could be making koku hand over fist."

The distaste in the Raven's voice showed exactly what he thought of these pirates. "I look forward to crushing them."
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
"I think I can manage that." Ember accepted his hand and let herself be pulled up on to the creature. Without thinking about it, her posture was perfect, fitting for a princess. "There shouldn't be any problems with you using your own bending. If I get hit, then I suppose I should have just gotten out of the way. Don't worry about me. Keep your eyes on the pirates. They like to play with poison."

She rode with him down to what would become their battle field. Her eyes were constantly surveying her surroundings. Cliffs to the side. An easily defensible bay. Against an army anyways. These men were going to wish they were up against an army.

"I keep forgetting he's out. Strange neither of us have seen him. The Former Fire Lord must be up to something." She heard the distaste in his voice. She, personally, didn't care one way or another but that disgust might help this partner of hers through. "I'm Ember by the way. You're Dairu...correct?" She noticed they were getting closer.

"Hold that thought. Looks like this is my stop." She removed her pole arm and moved to a standing position. Leaping in to the air, she landed in a couch before making a full run toward the target.

10-25-2012, 02:31 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Soshi Zhao
He closed his eyes, and exhaled. All trace of warmth, of passion, exited his body. He felt it welling up. That roiling serpent of hate and rage. It roared, the Wyrm, snarling to be unleashed. He smiled, touching it gently, feeling his Chi beginning to draw out, and his hands were ablaze. He kicked his War-lizard’s flanks, and it shot off, knowing what to do, and then both he and it hissed as one as they burst from cover, and then he roared. He had given this roar so many times before, remembering the snow, remembering the cold, remembering the terror. He roared like had as a Southern Raider, roared as the White Raven.

And the first Pirate got a blast of flames in the face as his beast carried him by, before Soshi followed up with two more blasts towards random targets, and dismounted, letting his beast tear at them, mauling, slashing, and biting, while the Raven drew his talons. His swords ringing in the air, glinting in the light. “Surrender, and I may yet give you the chance to live.”
10-25-2012, 02:46 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Ember made her way to an outcropping of rock. Dairu would be able to see her as per request but the pirates were too concerned with their own problems. What with the white armored lunatic shooting fire at them. She took a deep breath to make certain she was in the right mindset.

It was said peace was required to bend lightning. Azula couldn't call what she felt in this state to be peace. Peace meant there was something there. In this state of mind however, there was nothing. No bitterness. No anger. No pain. Just pure and simple emptiness. She used to wonder if that's what peace was but it started to matter less and less as this state of mind steadily grew easier to fall in to.

It didn't require the same motion it used to. Electricity gathered around her within the moment. Her hair and loose clothing started to move from the energy generated. Taking a steady stance, she directed a massive bolt of lightning at the front of the ship, aiming downward toward the water.

There was an explosion of smoke and wood fragments as the bolt found its way through the ship. The ship rocked with the instant bolt before it started to take on water. Ember stood to watch it as the fighting went on not too far from her.

10-25-2012, 03:00 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Soshi Zhao
Well. That was unfriendly. An archer decided to try and shoot him in the shoulder. After he deflected it with a quick turn of his blade upwards, and responded with a lash of fire from his blade, he backpedaled from a rather clumsy Jian slash. There was a press of bodies, his father’s ever favourite ‘Target rich enviorment’, and the first slash of his Katana claimed a belly wound, a severed wrist, and an opened throat. The spray of blood was the first thing to touch the Raven so far, and he shifted his body low under a boulder, before extending his middle and ring fingers on his left hand, firing a bolt of flames directly into the eye of the Earthbender behind the three now falling casualties, who with a following sirocco of fire were then reduced to corpses. With five of the original twenty men in this clearing, counting Soshi himself, dead or dying, the Raven afforded himself a smile, and slammed his Wakizashi back in its saya before moving it over his obi, fetching a shuriken out of it, and shot his arm straight out, the small metal projectile whirling towards the original archer, imbedding in his throat before he could finish patting himself out.

Six of nineteen combatants dead, and the Raven felt the chi of two firebenders focusing their energies, and the heat of their flames, which he slammed aside with his empty hand, and returned his own fireblast, watching them both deflect it, taking their attention of his katana long enough for it to find the torso of one, before he kicked them off, and flick across the throat of another, and with a blast of fire at the first, it jumped to eight. The others had taken cover by now, realizing this was not some mere punk in white. “I will reiterate that I would like you to surrender before I need to start using something beyond the martial equivalent of harsh language at you all.”
10-25-2012, 04:17 AM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
As the ship began to sink in to the water, Ember removed her bardiche from her back. using the dull end, she vaulted herself in to the air. With a twist, she landed in a crouch on the shore right behind the group.

"He is a lot nicer than I am." Ember growled as she leapt toward the nearest opponent. He turned around just in time to feel the bladed in slice across his throat. She used the continued momentum to bring the other to her next opponent. The but of the weapon hit him right at the neck, knocking him over. The weapon was spun around and he was suddenly pinned to the ground.

She used the weapon to lift herself from the ground to kick another one toward Dairu. Once she hit the ground, she felt a sharp pain in the back of her left shoulder. Looking over her shoulder briefly, she saw the shaft of an arrow. She ignored it, turning her attention to the archer on the sinking ship. She shot a bolt of lighting toward him only for him to get out of the way.

10-25-2012, 10:36 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Soshi Zhao
Dairu's katana took the man's head clean off as Ember pushed another into his kill zone. They had the choice of fighting the mountain, or the breeze, and it seemed they went for the breeze. Dairu watched as the group moved to try and overwhelm the polearm user, and he growled, before grabbing one by the scruff of his neck, pulling him back, and grabbing his face with a flaming left gauntlet, before channeling his chi through the arm, into the men's flesh. His scream was muffled first by steel, and then by his own flesh melting.

throwing him aside, Dairu smiled as his four came back to duel him, flicking the charred gooey remains of the fifths face from his fingertips. "Nice to see you remembered who your enemy is." And then one died of his katana splitting his throat open. Three left, and they tried to rush him, losing caution. This was the unfortunate part. Dairu cut low, two belly wound inflicted, and then felt a stinging pain in his side, someone had brought a tanto to the party, and decided to give it to Dairu as a favour. Wrapping his fingers around it, he pulled it out, and sighed, there was a bit of a bleed, but he couldn't staunch it. Too much armour in the way. Time for plan B. He stabbed backwards into the throat of the man who had planted to tanto.

And that was when Dairu whistled to Ember. "Tainted air!" The command he used to give before things were getting hard to breathe. And then a cloud of noxious, vile smoke burst from Dairu's position, the smokebomb having been hurled. The wind picked up, engulfing Ember's five in black, thick, foul smelling smoke.
10-26-2012, 06:40 PM
.find. .quote.