Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Mercy
TagsAzula
Thread DateDecember 30th

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
The Harvest Lights Festival
RE: Mercy
Sokka rubbed his chin thoughtfully at Azulas question. He'd not shaved in the last couple of days and a short amount of scruff was forming on his chin. "Well, I guess that 'expected' is the wrong word," he explained. "Its not so much that the girls can't win the prizes for herself, its that the guys usually try to win them to impress the girls. Its all part of the whole dating ritual that guys and girls go through. The guy is proving to the girl that he can provide for her by excelling at games of chance or skill, and he gives the prizes to the girl in an effort to win her affection." That was an easier way to explain things to her. It was something that he had become use to doing. Patiently explaining away social things she was confused about.

He glanced over at the rope bridge challenge she was pointing to. True enough, it did look more like a challenge for people who didn't spend their lives training and fighting the way they did, but still it did look kinda like fun. "Sure, we can race if you want to," he told her, grinning. "But don't think I'm gonna go easy on you, Azula." He winked and took her by the hand once again, leading her over to the stall to wait in line for their turn.
[Image: bc17e6e2-9cd0-48a3-8cf8-a7bfcd1095e5_zps35321075.jpg]

Thanks to Matereya for letting me use her art for my avatar image!
08-14-2013, 04:08 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula followed him to the ladder game watching as many boasted of their prowess on the ladder only to fall in to the hay below. Sometimes the next person would get impatient and fall on them. She would never get accustomed to standing in lines but if she didn't want to tell everyone around her that she was the princess it was probably best if she just waited her turn. That had been a hard lesson in the beginning.

"I would never forgive the insult." She told him looking over her shoulder at him as she stood in front of him. Her eyes went to those that were climbing. She found herself analyzing them. Picking out where their balance went wrong and the exact moment when they misstep. Before too long the two of them were at the ladders. She climbed up to the top platform waiting until the people from before climbed out of the hay. Her foot came out to test the ladder to get some idea of its tension. "Ready?"
[Image: 28qpzev.jpg]
Art in signature by Kelly1412 Used with permission.

I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you.
I've told a million lies but now I'll tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do.
Remember when I told you that's the last you'd see of me?
Remember when I broke you down to tears?
I know I took the path that you would never want for me.
I gave you through hell through all these years.
But now I bet my life on you.

08-17-2013, 07:40 PM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
While they waited in line, Sokka analyzed the rope bridge challenge they were about to face. All in all it seemed a pretty simple concept. The rope ladder was strung between two platforms, one higher than the other, and a person had to move from one side to the other without falling over. The ropes were relatively loose on the sides, which allowed for the bridge to easily be overturned if a persons weight wasn't evenly distributed. The common technique that was employed was to put ones feet on either side of the bridge and use ones hands to steady themselves using the middle rungs to hold themselves steady.

Not the best option, in Sokkas opinion.

Soon, it was his and Azulas turn, and he quickly scampered up to his platform and waited for the Fire Princess to ready herself on hers. She called over if he was ready, and he replied "You know it." He shot off across the bridge the same instant she did, and he nimbly kept to the middle of the rungs while keeping himself upright and stepping light, keeping his arms out for balance.

08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula looked over to him as she also made for getting on the ladder. She watched him walk along the top and smiled. She moved along on all fours. When her left foot moved, her right hand took hold. Her hands and feet remained near the edges of the ladder at all times seldom really using the rungs themselves. She didn't have to worry as much about balance. Her weight was keeping it. She pulled ahead of him with this method not looking over at him.

Her eyes remained focused on the ladder. Never ahead, never behind. She looked only at the rung she was passing over before looking to the next

08-24-2013, 02:12 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
Sokka was far too engrossed in paying attention on his own balancing to see how fast Azula was progressing. He continued to step from rung to rung, carefully placing his foot on each rope as he moved along the ladder. His pace was steady and he thought that he was making good progress as he passed the half way point and continued to go step by step.

He was maybe five rungs away from the ledge, but he felt his balance starting to wobble. There was a brief second when he realized that he was about to fall to the right if he didn't do something, and Sokka leaped forward with all of his might. His right foot hit the platforms edge a second before his left, and he was forced to flap his arms around and around to keep himself from falling backwards and off the platform.

Finally, Sokka stepped forward, his balance regained, and he heard a smattering of applause coming from below them. He glanced over at Azula to see how she had fared.

08-27-2013, 06:03 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula made it less than a second before Sokka did. She looked over as she reached the top and noticed his struggle to keep balance. He seemed to manage it however. By the time he would look over to her she was sitting on the platform as if she had been there far longer than she actually had.

"I was wondering when you would get here."

09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
.find. .quote.

Water Tribe
Non Bender
Wanderer
Sokka had turned on the platform just in time to see Azula sit down, so he had a rather large grin on his face when he realized that she had managed to beat him across. That really wasn't a big surprise to him, she had always been a quick and nimble warrior.

"Hey, you beat me!" he declared, chuckling. "Good job, Azula!" As he spoke, he could hear the crowd clapping at their performance, and he gave them all a friendly wave before climbing down the rope ladder to the ground once again.

He waited for Azula to join him, and he gave her a congratulatory pat on the back as the guy who ran the game eyed them both.

10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
.find. .quote.

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
Kesra
Azula looked over to him as he delcared that she beat him. She wasn't expecting the compliment though. Normally with Zuko it was followed by an accusation of cheating or something along those lines. She nodded slowly, moving to drop to the ground in a crouch. She rose to her feet in time to feel the pat on her back.

"We should go. We're drawing a crowd." She didn't want someone to recognize her. She adjusted the lemur hat wondering why she chose to still wear it.

10-23-2013, 02:51 PM
.find. .quote.