Fire...Earth...Water...Air...

Seven years ago, the world came to an end. And a new one began where that one left off. After the Avatar defeated my father, Fire Lord Ozai, my brother Zuko assumed the throne. After near war with the Earth Kingdom and the escape and capture of my Father, things on the surface look calm. But there is a war going on in the shadows. It's time to see once and for all if our nation can be held up to the flame.

Current Posting Dates: August-October
SearchMemberlist

Hello There, Guest! Register

Wanted Canons:
Suki
Iroh
Piandao
Fire Nation Nobility (Ocs. Could use lots of these!)
Earth King Kuei
Kori
Penga

no advertising. play nice.
Important announcement here!! (Everyone!)

Our Button

Affiliates are listed at the bottom of the forum

Westerly Breeze
TagsOpen
Thread DateMid September

Fire Nation
Bender
Fire
The Harvest Lights Festival
RE: Westerly Breeze
"You're a genius," Zuko said as they walked along the high wall leading to the dueling ground, "Gifted. Intellectual. Cunning and powerful - everything I have never been," as he walked, Zuko began undoing the clasps on his torso armor, "As children father would walk me through the basics of modern Fire Bending techniques - and I would fail them. It never occurred to me that the reason my techniques failed was because I was trying to master a failed version of Fire Bending. The use of hatred - anger - resentment... there are other emotions to feed off of. But in the end even feeding on your emotions is a weakness - your emotions lie to you. Clarity - focus - that ice in your veins little sister. Father saw it - he knew - our ancient past. Our ancient secrets - he let one little piece of the past live on - in you,"

Letting his armor drop to the ground, Zuko flexed his muscles. A wince crossed his face as the scar in the dead center of his torso pulled against him. There was still a slight limp in his walk from the hole in his hip - but there was a sturdiness and strength about him that the fire nation prince had never possessed, "You are more than a genius - you are more than gifted," stretching out his hand, Zuko blinked and the torches circling the ring burst into light, "You are a gift. There's nothing wrong with your technique - I learned the same abilities you use from the great teachers of our past. Our drive - our focus - our ambition to achieve our goals. That same ice allows me to focus my own chaotic flame even if it will never allow me to create lightning. What is wrong is that emotion is creeping in - isn't it? I see it... every now and again in a spark in your eyes when you think I'm not looking,"

Striking the traditional pose of his long years of practice, Zuko flexed his arms again and shoved out his fist - years of anger, pain and resentment flashing across his face. The tiniest most pathetic looking puff of flame shot out of his fist and fizzled into the darkness, "Emotion. My emotion - crippling me. Choking me," shoving his other fist forward - Zuko looked different this time. Calm. Clear. As icy as Azula had looked that day at the beach. This time a shower of white-hot sparks emitted from his fist and rained across the training arena, "Clarity - your clarity. I'm not here to teach you to reinvent the wheel - I am nothing compared to your skills in bending. As a boy I didn't care if I ever had your skill - I only wanted acceptance. I learned the hard way I shall never have either - but that no longer chokes my every thought as it once did..."

A tiny Zuko-smile slid across his face for the tiniest of seconds, "Only my every other thought... something is interfering with your focus. That ice that used to coat your very skin - I'm no teacher or master or healer... so I'm not going to try to cut into your brain," that emotion from earlier - combined with a look of clarity - shot across Zuko's face. As if he were trying to combine his emotions with that icy clarity. Then, in one movement, he slammed his fists together... and was promptly blown backwards by an explosion. Landing ass-first on the ground, Zuko shook his head - his long hair wagging in all directions as he looked up at his sister, "I'm simply going to try and figure out which emotions are hampering your efforts... as they once hampered mine,"
Ironically
I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the avatar myself
Didn't work!
04-22-2015, 02:06 AM
.find. .quote.